The all-new PEUGEOT 508 is finally here. Resplendent with a new exterior design which is sharp and sturdy, and spectacular interior which includes an evolution of the iconic PEUGEOT i-CockpitTM, the all-new PEUGEOT 508 sets a world-class standard within the D-segment and further supports the Brand’s upmarket strategy.
The all-new PEUGEOT 508 comes with a 1.6 PureTech engine, mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission for a stylish and powerful drive.
A bold design
The all-new PEUGEOT 508 surprises onlookers with an energetic and expressive presence. The car’s height has been reduced – it now barely reaches 1.40m – and the aerodynamic lines of the vehicle are reminiscent of the coupé style.
The front end features an aggressive design with the famed lion centred on its radiator grill. The vertical visual signature of the opalescent LED daytime running lights provides a distinct, exclusive identity. Sharp and slender, they frame the car’s front end running from the headlights to the bumper’s air intakes.
The horizontal bonnet has been lowered to enhance the dynamism of the all-new PEUGEOT 508 and the overall silhouette has been designed to appeal from every angle. The rear end of the all-new PEUGEOT 508 features a glossy black horizontal strip and the signature three-dimensional Full LED rear lights. These lights, which are illuminated throughout the night and day with adaptive intensity, make the distinctive claws constantly visible.
The all-new PEUGEOT 508 will be available in 9 different colours and has the following new colour options:
- Celebes Blue
- Elixir Red
- Ink Blue
- Pearl White
Cabin enhanced by PEUGEOT i-CockpitTM
Stepping into the all-new PEUGEOT 508 is like entering another world, one focused on quality and originality. The eye is immediately drawn to a spectacular, resolutely premium instrument panel and the latest version of the exemplary PEUGEOT i-CockpitTM.
Since it first appeared in 2012 on the PEUGEOT 208, the PEUGEOT i-CockpitTM has evolved throughout the years. It now features an 8” high-definition touchscreen and 12.3” head-up display unit, the PEUGEOT
i-CockpitTM is entirely configurable and customisable. The head up display unit is positioned above the steering wheel and presents all the necessary driving information within the eye line of the driver, reducing the need to take their eyes off the road.
The central touchscreen is perfectly incorporated into the instrument panel, at approximately the same height as the head-up display unit. This is accompanied by seven toggle switches resembling piano keys that are remarkably well integrated into the panel’s body, giving direct access to the main comfort features such as radio, air-conditioning and vehicle settings.
The all-new PEUGEOT 508 is equipped with eight-speed automatic transmission with a drive mode selector that allows the driver to choose between Eco, Normal, and Sports mode.
High-end comfort and first-class quality
The all-new PEUGEOT 508 is an invitation to high-end travel. The choice and quality of materials in the trim and upholstery, and the attention paid to the finish, envelop the passengers in a soft, modern, refined environment.
The interior of the all-new PEUGEOT 508 comes in factory fitted Nappa leather. The front seats are also equipped with eight-pocket pneumatic massage system, with five different massage programmes, ensuring your drive is a relaxing one.
Furthermore, there is plenty of storage – up to 32 litres! – spread out around the passenger cabin, as well as many sockets.
Class-leading levels of technology
The all-new PEUGEOT 508 comes with the latest driving aids and safety features to protect both its occupants and other road users. The following technologies are available:
- Blind spot monitoring: Blind spot monitoring detects other vehicles located to the driver’s side and rear.
- Driver attention warning: The vehicle is equipped with a camera located at the top of the windscreen used to analyse its trajectory. The system evaluates the driver’s vigilance by identifying differences in trajectory in relation to the markings on the ground. It will then trigger several audible warnings.
- Forward collision warning: The forward collision warning system is safety technology that monitors the road ahead while you drive. When the vehicle gets too close to the vehicle in front of it, the system will warn the driver.
- Lane Departure Warning: The Lane Departure Warning system warns the driver if the vehicle strays out of the lane.
- Speed Limit Information with Intelligent Speed Adaptation: This system offers a new level of intelligence. A windscreen-mounted camera reads speed limit signs and display them on the car’s digital head-up instrument panel. The driver can then choose to adapt this speed limit information onto the vehicle’s cruise control system.
- VisioPark 180° Reverse Camera: The VisioPark 180° Reverse Camera offers a 180° view for full situational awareness. The view divides the screen into three zones, offering a clear view of vehicles approaching from the side and can be deployed for all types of parking situations, whether perpendicular or parallel.
The all-new PEUGEOT 508 comes standard with Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto and Mirror Screen. In addition to the wireless smartphone charging, there are also USB sockets at the rear.
New trim level
The all-new PEUGEOT 508 features the highest trim level:
- GT – Full LED Technology: Headlights with automatic levelling and LED front indicators, LED rear lights with adaptive rear lighting, frameless doors, GT Pack: Black head lining, carbon-effect trimming and twin chrome exhaust, Blue ambient lighting, 18-inch “Hirone” two-toned diamond cut alloy wheels, front massage seats in Nappa leather.
The all-new PEUGEOT 508 Fastback retails from $158,888.